The importance of proper priming for a longer coil life
Your coil is the heart of your vaping device. These heating elements are there to turn your e-liquid into vapour. Generally, with a manufactured coil, a heating element is encased in cotton. The cotton holds the liquid, enabling it to be vaporised once you apply power from your battery.
When to replace your coils
Coils will need replacing periodically; the length of time between changes depends on a number of factors. The amount of device use, power settings, chosen e-liquid, and other variables, all affect the lifespan of the coil. Generally you would want to replace your coil as and when you encounter a burnt or poor taste from your atomiser.
How to prime your coils to avoid premature burnout
It's really important to make sure your coil is primed properly before you first fire the device. To achieve this, you can follow these simple instructions:
- Drip some e-liquid into the holes in the top of the coil, allowing the cotton inside to soak it up between drips. Be generous; if there is any excess once the cotton is fully saturated you can simply flick the coil to let it come out.
- Refit the coil and fill your tank with vape juice
- Allow to sit for a few minutes to soak
- Take a few 'Primer Puffs' by pulling on the atomiser as if you were vaping but WITHOUT firing the device
- If your device has adjustable power, turn it to a low setting and fire it there
- Work the power higher at intervals until you are back to your preferred power level
- You should now have successfully primed your coil!